Look, I’ve started yet another blog: Introducing The Oransky Journal
I’ve been playing around on Tumblr, and there’s a lot to like on the platform, but I decided I was really writing blog posts rather than Tumblrs. (If that doesn’t mean anything to you, don’t worry.) I’ll keep “Oransky’s Thoughts That Won’t Go Elsewhere,” and start posting more Tumblr-like items, but I’ve migrated all of my previous posts here.
So, welcome to my new blog, The Oransky Journal. Here, you’ll find stuff I come across and think is interesting for one reason or another, but doesn’t fit on Embargo Watch or Retraction Watch.
The Oransky Journal isn’t a Watch; if there’s ever an Oransky Watch I suspect it’ll be someone other than me who starts it. (And Denise Graveline has already suggested it.)
I have a post marinating for tomorrow morning. In the meantime, you can catch up on the sorts of items you’ll find here:
- Epistemological rupture? Release about paper claiming to explain origin of life disappears
- Water-breaking research: Woman gives birth to a scientific paper — and a baby –in an MRI
- Resources: Organizations for women and minority scientists
- Not a close shave: Schick Quattro’s PR firm asks journalists to tweet promos
- Beer: It’s good for burns, too
- Broken penis? It’s OK, you can wait a week before getting surgery
- Did Paleolithic men pierce and tattoo their penises?
- Shot in the balls? We have a study for you
- Never mind 150 half-siblings: Try ‘twinblings,’ inadvertent full siblings from different mothers
- Alternatives to Tumblr for beekeepers, Luddites, and drunks